Knowledge aim: Students can understand the pronunciation of “ear”, and get some simple spelling rules.
Ability aim: Students can read the words with the pronunciation of “ear” correctly by listening and speaking. Ability of listening and speaking will be improved.
Emotional aim: Students can increase their interests in learning English.
Key and difficult point:
Key points: Students can understand the pronunciation of “ear”, and how how to read the words contain “ear”, such as hear, near and etc.
Difficult points: Students can master the pronunciation of “ear” and read the related words correctly.
Step 1: Warming-up
Greeting the students.
Sing a song: Head shoulder keens and toes.
Step 2: Presentation
1. Show the chant and ask the students the question: Can you find the same letter combination in these words?
2. Listen to the tape and let students pay attention to the pronunciation of “ear”, and then ask the students question: what does “ear” sounds like in these words?
3. Teacher the pronunciation of “ear” ,and let students pay attention to the teacher’s mouth.
4. Game: Play the finger show to practice the new words.
Step 3: Practice
Find more words with “ear” such as tear, dear, clear... and ask students to try to read by themselves and then invite some of them to share with the class. The teacher should act the role of monitor.
1. Ask students to make up their own sentences by using the words learned today, such as “He hears the bad news,and then his tears falls down. ”.
2. Reading competition: let students to read the chant as quickly as possible, and then let students choose the best one.
Step5: Summary and homework
1. Summary: ask students summary what have learned in the class.
(1) read these word after class.
(2) Find more words with “ear” and make another chant.